The Jewish Federation of New Mexico is hiring a temporary, full-time employee to assist with the Sephardic heritage program.
We are seeking an individual fluent in written and verbal Spanish with excellent administrative skills, particularly Excel and Mail Merge.
Employment will be through the end of September 2019.
Please send resume to Deborah Albrycht at email@example.com
Job Title: Sephardic Program Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Finance Director
Organization Name: Jewish Federation of New Mexico
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Classification: Temporary Full-time (35-40 hours per week)
Organization & Sephardic Program Background
The Jewish Federation of New Mexico (JFNM) was formed in 1948 to support local beneficiary agencies and overseas needs. JFNM partners with Jewish organizations to meet the needs of Jews in New Mexico, Israel and worldwide through leadership, philanthropy, education and social action. JFNM is a part of the Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA), which works with local Federations across the U.S. and around the world.
The Sephardic Citizenship Program of the Federation assists people from around the world in obtaining a Certificate of Sephardic Ancestry. This certificate is required for application to the Spanish government for citizenship for those individuals who have Jewish ancestors that were expelled from Spain during the Spanish Inquisition. Applications for these certificates are submitted and issued through our organization.
The Sephardic Program Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Finance Director but will work in close collaboration with the Administrative and Accounting Specialist and Director of Community Development. This position will often be the first contact for communication coming in to the organization regarding the Sephardic Program and therefore must maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Receive all incoming calls for the Sephardic Program and provide basic information regarding the program
- Take messages for more complex questions and route to designated staff
- Take payment information by phone for Sephardic Program fees and process credit card payments
- Maintain email correspondence from applicants and staff in regard to applications for document preparation
- Prepare documents in accordance with program requirements
- Work with the Secretary of State’s office in regard to apostille processing of documents including travel to Santa Fe as needed
- Ship documents to applicants using USPS, FedEx, and UPS services
- Perform other duties pertaining to the program as needed
- Experience working in an office environment
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish, both written and verbal
- Extensive working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Mail Merge
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Associates Degree or Certificate of Study in Business or Office Administration